This is a family resort, please observe quiet time: 10 p.m. – 9 a.m.
Reservations / Cancellations
Reservations can be made by calling the resort: 231-325-3647 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Reservations made more than two weeks prior to your arrival date, a check deposit is required within two weeks of your booking date to hold the reservation.
• Reservations made less than two weeks prior to your arrival date require a credit card deposit.
• Off Season rentals (Sept – April): Cancellations MUST be received 30 DAYS prior to the reserved date or will result in loss of deposit.
• Summer rentals (May – August): Cancellations MUST be received before April 15 or will result in loss of deposit.
• Deposits are non-transferrable and will not be refunded for late arrivals, early departures or no shows.
Check in and out
• Units are available for self-check-in between 3:00-5:00 pm on your arrival date. Units will be unlocked, and keys will be inside.
• Check out time is 10:00 am. Failure to be out of unit may result in $50 per hour charge.
• Please wash all dishes; remove trash and place in outside containers; remove all food; leave towels in bathroom and beds unmade.
• If a unit requires additional cleaning considered above what would be normal use, an additional cleaning fee will be charged and is up to the discretion of the management to determine what is needed to return the unit to rental-ready condition.
Occupancy / Visitors
• Each unit has a maximum number of guests allowed, based on the number they sleep. This helps protect the resort septic systems and wear and tear on the units.
• Overcrowding of units is not allowed.
- Pre-approval from Sleeping Bear Hideaway Resort is required for all visitors. Guests are limited to two visitors at one time with a 3 hour limit unless preapproval has been granted for an extended visit. All visitors must vacate the premises by 10:00 p.m.
- Parking spaces are limited to 1 vehicle per cabin. Separate parking is available for guest vehicles, guest trailers and visitors. Please do not to block guest vehicles in the main parking area, no parking areas, fish cleaning station, dumpster and any other out building on the property.
- Appropriate conduct and behavior by all guests and visitors is required. Inappropriate conduct and misbehavior may result in immediate eviction without refund. We reserve the right to not rent to any guest in the future. No house parties are allowed.
- All minors must be supervised by an adult at all times.
- No fireworks are permitted anywhere on the property.
- Sleeping Bear Hideaway Resort is not responsible for the death, personal injuries, accidents, loss, or damage to personal belongings. The use of all accommodations and amenities including, but not limited to the lake, kayaks and boats with or without motors is entirely at the users own risk.
- Violation of this policy is cause for Sleeping Bear Hideaway Resort to request the immediate removal of guests and their visitors. Rent and security deposit will not be refunded.
• There is no smoking in the units, the resort beach, lawn and terrace areas, or other gathering spaces.
• Smoking is allowed outside of your unit, providing it doesn’t bother other guests.
• A $100 fee can be imposed for violating this policy
• We welcome dogs that are house broken and well-behaved.
• Dogs cannot be left in cabins unattended unless in a crate. Please consider some dogs don’t do well in an unfamiliar environment, which can cause anxiety and result in barking, chewing, and scratching.
• Dogs are not allowed on furniture or on the resort beach.
• Guests must use the area designated for dog run (behind the resort.) Please do not let pets out to wander the resort grounds to do their business.
• There is a charge of $20 per dog, per day, or $100 per dog, per week. A maximum of two dogs are allowed per cabin.
• Guests will be liable for any damages done by their dogs and an extra cleaning fee will be charged.
• If any animals cause problems or the guest does not abide by these policies, they will be asked to leave with no refund.
Boat motors are available for rent; boats are not allowed east of the resort (back waters of the lake.)